We’re Not Looking for Ordinary, We’re Looking for Extraordinary
Want to work on marketing campaigns that span the United States?
Interested in working for clients who have a positive impact on the communities they serve?
Ready to work in the city “The Atlantic” calls “America’s Next Great Innovation Hub”?
If so, we want to hear from you. Check out our job listings, but feel free to shoot us an email with your cover letter and resume as we’re always looking for exceptional talent to join our ever-growing team.
Aside from a competitive salary, starting out with three weeks of vacation, a premiere health care plan and other benefits, we invest in our team members and want to help them grow – both personally and professionally.
This entry-level agency position will give the successful candidate the necessary skills and experience for a solid career in the digital marketing field.
The DIGITAL COORDINATOR (DC) is primarily responsible for supporting the digital team in regular improvement of and reporting on our clients’ websites and the agency’s website. The goal is to relentlessly improve quality, rank and lead volume. Additionally, the DC will assist the digital team with paid search campaigns for both our agency and our clients.
Through a detailed, constructive and analytical style, guided by the values and goals of the agency, the DC will assist in the implementation and monitoring of SEO and SEM campaigns to ensure the best results. Some of the ongoing work will include entering content into the CMS and continuously reaching out to third-parties to build quality backlinks for our sites. The DC is tasked with maintaining best practices in the fields of SEO, PPC and UI.
Though the position will report directly to the Interactive Director, this position will work closely with and receive regular task direction from the SEO / SEM Analyst as well as the agency’s Project Manager.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY include, but not limited to:
- Input and edit website and blog content in Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Input metadata
- Aid in backlink and citation tracking, updating and cultivation
- Cultivate links and structured citations for other websites anticipated to be good link partners for our clients
- Initiate and maintain contact with external site owners to support SEO and PR campaigns
- Monitor to ensure that requested updates are made appropriately and in a timely manner, and follow up when they are not
- Diplomatically ask sites that have a poor search rank to remove their link to our clients’ sites
- Monthly Reviews and Reporting – The DC plays an important role in aggregation and compilation of data for monthly reports to clients. These reports indicate successes and areas of improvement from the previous month, and the goals and objectives for the upcoming month.
- Support digital team in implementation of PPC campaigns
- Monthly Reviews and Reporting – As with SEO, the DC plays an important role in aggregation and compilation of data for monthly reports to clients. These reports indicate successes and areas of improvement from the previous month, and the goals and objectives for the upcoming month.
- Regular task testing to ensure properly functioning websites (no broken links, functioning contact forms, etc.)
- Regular site testing to monitor uptime and site errors
Digital Department – Miscellaneous:
- Play a supportive role in special projects and ways to enhance the agency’s online product and offerings
- Play a supportive role in research for agency new business development opportunities
- Managing website content and content updates as they relate to SEO and UI
Agency – Miscellaneous:
- The Marketing Center operates as a team. Along with other members throughout the agency, this position will regularly assist in basic and general office support.
- In the event of an emergency, after a reasonable amount of time, the DC must be able to relocate to a safe place with online access where s/he can work remotely. (A laptop and work phone will be provided for work and evacuation by The Marketing Center).
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College degree or equivalent, ideally in a related field
- Knowledge of basic CMS systems (Wordpress, Expression Engine)
- Familiarity with HTML coding
- Familiarity with CSS coding & website analytics platforms, highly preferred
- Continued education on best practices of website UI, SEO trends and technology, and website design
- Problem solving—The DC gathers and analyzes information skillfully to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner at both a strategic and functional level
- Quality management — The DC demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and proactively seeks ways to improve and promote quality.
- Planning/organizing—The DC prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Google AdWords Certification a plus. If not already certified, becoming certified will be expected within 6 months.
- In order to advance within the agency, the DC should have a passion for learning and improving and be a motivated self-starter, seeking out ways to create additional value for our clients and our agency via his/her position.
CHARACTERISTICS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Passion for all things digital
- Very good written and verbal skills; excellent and insightful interpersonal skills
- Engaging personality. Appropriate sense of humor.
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities / projects in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional documentation, record-keeping and listening, with meticulous attention to detail
- A positive, independently-motivated and team-focused attitude with passion for continuous improvement
- Unconditional integrity.
Please include an introductory cover letter, a pdf or link to your resume and any examples of your work. The Marketing Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send an introductory/cover letter and a pdf or link to your resume to email@example.com.
In 13 years, I’ve watched The Marketing Center team grow from 7 awesome people to 22 awesome people. Our clients truly care about the people they help, and that makes you want to see them succeed even more. And when it comes to creativity and innovation, you’d be hard pressed to find a backdrop better than the city of New Orleans.
- Chris Jewell, External Traffic Manager
The Marketing Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.